Saturday, December 20, 2008

heating and cooling

I do not know why the rooms are so HOT! I guess it is just me? but Theo is getting heat rash. Every rooms were set at 24 degree C and that is HOT to me. We couldn't lower the temp to even 20 ... I am dried up.

Pawpaw wasn't feeling well cause of the airflow in the room. We had to open the main door to have some cool air from the hallway to come into the rooms.

I do not know if anyone understood even if we can explained in mandarin. One of the duty manager actually come up to explain to us about how the room thermostat works ... but it just does not make sense to me. Why would you want to heat up the room if you actually want a lower the temp?!?! She noticed that we set it to 10 degree C ... and she asked why you want it that cold ... the temp actually went up after we set to 10 ... so what the hell is wrong here?

And the a/c is blasting out in the hallway, but not in the room nor anything that works to cool it down to 20 degree C. This logic just baffles me.

So you are wondering were we are staying? Radisson Hotel Shanghai New World on 88 Nanjing Road ... it may cost less but that is what ya get even for a 5 star hotel overlooking People's Square. You wonder why the others charged USD 200 more.

No comments: